Linker IT Software
Google
Web www.oraxcel.com
menubar-top-links menubar-top-rechts
Home Help Search Login
Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
SQL*XL: Database to Excel bridge litLIB: Excel power functions pack ExcelLock: Locking and securing your valuable Excel spreadsheets encOffice: Protect your Excel file easy and safe encOffice: Protect your Excel file easy and safe
Poll
Question: Would you like to see a delete function in SQL*XL
*** This poll has now closed ***

Yes, a delete function would be useful  
  6 (75%)
No.  
  2 (25%)

Total votes: 8
« Created by: Gerrit-Jan Linker on: 02.11.05 at 11:29:53 »

Pages: 1
Delete facility (Read 8570 times)
Gerrit-Jan Linker
YaBB Administrator

Delete facility
02.11.05 at 11:29:53

I would be interested to know how many of you would like to see a delete feature. Currently SQL*XL only facilitates selects, inserts and updates through dialogs. Deletes can be done but only by coding the delete statements yourself.  

Would there be any interest for a delete function ala the Multiple Rows Insert function where you can indicate which rows to remove?

Gerrit-Jan Linker
Linker IT Software
Email WWW Gerrit-Jan Linker   IP Logged
Tony Nilsson
YaBB Newbies

Re: Delete facility
Reply #1 - 11.11.05 at 14:45:54

NO !

This button could be very dangerus to press by mistake !
 Roll Eyes  
Best Regards
Tony

IP Logged
Gerrit-Jan Linker
YaBB Administrator

Reply #2 - 11.11.05 at 23:40:29

I agree. The intention I have is to make it similar to the update multiple rows function (similarly dangerous really). The update function is not recorded in macros to avoid problems. It will only work with the last resultset retrieved and it has a verification function.

I am thinking about doing the delete function in the same way. Let the users somehow mark a row for deletion and then run a process that checks whether the row in the DB is completely the same as the one in the worksheet and then delete it if the user agrees.

I am still undecided whether to do it or not. Perhaps I should make this feature unavailable by default. Perhaps I should use the security toolkit to enable the function.

Gerrit-Jan Linker
Linker IT Software
Gerrit-Jan Linker
YaBB Administrator

Reply #3 - 09.03.06 at 11:24:43

An Excel function was added to create delete statements. This is a careful first attempt to introduce delete functionality.  
See for further information:
http://www.oraxcel.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1141899571

Gerrit-Jan Linker
Linker IT Software
Pages: 1